HOW SUCCESSFUL CONGREGATIONS EMBRACE CHANGE: A URJ DAY OF LEARNING
We are up to 27 Locations!
Be a part of this exciting day
On October 29th, "How Successful Congregations Embrace Change: A URJ Day of Learning" will take place simultaneously in multiple locations across four time zones.
This day of learning will also offer you a special taste of the URJ Biennial by livestreaming an interview with award-winning author and Biennial presenter Anita Diamant, who will be with us in person at our Boston-area event location. Her new book, The Jewish Wedding Now will serve as a springboard for conversation, using the lens of Jewish life cycle ritual to consider congregational change in the 21st century.
No matter which location you attend:
Watch the live interview with Anita Diamant
Reflect on what you learn
Discuss the changing needs of congregational institutions with other leaders,
Begin identifying changes your congregation can make
• Temple Emanu-El, Birmingham, AL
• Temple Chai, Phoenix, AZ
• Congregation Beth El, Berkeley, CA
• Temple Bat Yahm, Newport Beach, CA
• Temple Emanuel, Denver, CO
• Washington Hebrew Congregation, Washington, DC
• Temple Beth Am, Pinecrest, FL
• Temple Sinai, Atlanta, GA
• Moses Montefiore Congregation, Bloomington, IL
• B'nai Jehoshua Beth Elohim, Deerfield, IL
• The offices of Faegre Baker Daniels, Indianapolis, IN
• Beth El Temple Center, Belmont, MA (Anita Diamant live at this location)
• Temple Israel, West Bloomfield, MI
• Congregation B'nai Jeshurun, Short Hills, NJ
• Temple Israel of Northern Westchester, Croton-on-Hudson, NY
• Temple Shaaray Tefila, New York City, NY
• North Shore Synagogue, Syosset, NY
• Congregation Beth Emeth, Albany, NY
• Temple Israel, Akron, OH
• Valley Temple, Cincinnati, OH
• Shir Ami, Newtown, PA
• Rodef Shalom Congregation, Pittsburgh, PA
• Temple Shalom, Dallas, TX
• Temple Chai, San Antonio, TX
• Temple Beth Am, Seattle, WA
• Congregation Emanu-El of Waukesha, Waukesha, WI
• Temple Israel of Charleston, Charleston, WV
To attend "How Successful Congregations Embrace Change: A URJ Day of Learning" at any of the locations above, register through October 26th. Attendance is $10 per person which includes all program materials, lunch and refreshments.
Please note: If your congregation isn't within a reasonable travel distance to any of our host sites, consider hosting this event for your congregation.
We hope to see you at one of our many locations on October 29th!
Follow and use the hashtag #URJEmbracesChange for event updates and conversations.
The URJ Day of Learning is a collaborative effort of the URJ Strengthening Congregations Team
For questions about this program, please contact
URJCommunities@urj.org and 212-650-4247
What is a Day of Learning?
What do Temple Shaaray Tefila in New York, NY, Congregation Emanu-El in Waukesha, WI, and Temple Bat Yahm in Newport Beach, CA have in common? On October 29th they will be three of many congregations hosting the URJ Day of Learning: How Successful Congregations Embrace Change., The exact same program will run simultaneously in all locations. This day of learning will include an interview with award-winning author and Biennial presenter Anita Diamant. Participants will also have the opportunity to discuss the changing needs of congregational institutions with other leaders, and to begin identifying changes their congregation needs to make. To participate in this URJ day of learning register by October 26th. For a full list of locations, read this blog piece. You can also follow #URJEmbracesChange for event updates.